Monday, July 13, 2009

Almost There

I thought today was going to be the day. Now and again, I peeked at my blog hoping to find that some kind person out there had become the 50th member of An Unquiet Day. But as I prepare to call it in for the day, the count stands frozen at 49.
Don't get me wrong, 49 is fantastic. For a blog that was started just several weeks ago, I'm excited to have an opportunity to interact with this many people (and all those who keep an anonymous eye on things here). So far, I have had just under 500 visits.
But 49 is so damn close to 50 that the numbers are starting to haunt me. It's like driving somewhere, waiting for the car's odometer to click over onto some nice round figure like 70 000km. You dare not concentrate on the road for fear of missing the crucial moment. What if the next time you look down you see 70 002km? Could you forgive yourself?
So, if you are the 50th member, please announce yourself so I can dedicate a post to you. I would offer you a prize, but I best leave the bribery to the politicians.
Today also marked the start of my part-time photojournalism course at Wits. We were lucky to have Shahidul Alam as a guest speaker. Listening to his stories, and looking at his photographs, was spellbinding. Expect to see more photography on this blog in the weeks to come.
And finally, if you ever need an excuse to be struck by lightning... check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sorted bru, tagged by Amatomu.com Add to Technorati Favorites