Friday, July 3, 2009

Unquiet Day speaks to Nasa

I have made one small step towards the truth about the Nasa moon landing debate. Here is the outcome of a media enquiry I sent to Nasa to try and answer the question: "New footage of the 1969 moon landing discovered - fact or crap?"
After posting the Nasa piece on Tuesday (see below), I received a few reader comments. One of which was a link to a blog claiming the whole thing was a hoax. So, in response, I did what any self-respecting journalist would do: find the right people and ask my own questions.
Last night I sent an email to three spokespeople at Nasa in the US. It was morning for them so, while I slept, they compiled a response. I asked them whether there was any truth to the Daily Express article claiming that, after 40 years, new footage of the first landing has been discovered. This is what Robert Jacobs (office of public affairs, national aeronautics and space administration, Nasa, Washington) had to say:
"Hi Alex. NASA is completing a final report on the search for the telemetry tapes that we believe could contain the SSTV data stream. The agency has not indicated what was or was not found as a result of the search, which was started in 2006. Once the report is complete, we'll make the findings public."
I'm no expert on telemetry tapes or SSTV data streams (just fancy terms for the footage) - but this says to me that there is something there. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sorted bru, tagged by Amatomu.com Add to Technorati Favorites